ACCOUNTS PAYABLE LEAD
Superior Ready Mix is a family owned and operated business located in Southern California. We have been in business for over 65 years and are continuing to grow! We manufacture and deliver concrete, aggregate and asphalt to contractors and homeowners throughout Southern California. Superior cares about their employees – we believe you should enjoy what you do and go home to your family every day. We offer a stable work environment with opportunity for growth.
We are searching for an Accounts Payable Lead for our Accounts Payable team in Escondido, CA. The ideal candidate is an experienced team leader with knowledge of AP processes.
*This is a non-exempt position.
· Lead a team of accounts payable specialists providing support and training as needed
· Oversee and assist the AP team with the input, coding, and processing of vendor invoices
· Ensure that vendor payments are issued timely and accurately
· Maintain existing vendor relationships and establish strong relationships with new vendors
· Identify and implement process improvements to enhance efficiency and accuracy
· Oversee the completion of month-end and year-end AP close procedures
· Perform annual expense analysis by vendor and business line
· Assist with annual audits, providing explanations and documentation as needed
· Minimum of 5 years of accounts payable experience
· Experience with Dynamics Great Plains or similar ERP software
· Self-motivated with a great sense of responsibility for work product
· Experience with AP automation software and workflows
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel